Chemplex 862 Silicone Compound Lubricant 50 Pack of 1g Packets
- For valve seats, O-rings, flow meters, plug valves and vacuum and pressure systems.
- Used to lubricate and insulate electrical connectors and ignition components and as assembly lubricants for rubber and plastic parts.
- Certified to ANSI / NSF-61 standards and is designed for use in potable water systems where NSF certification is required.
- Non-toxic, non-melting, tacky compound with excellent water repellency, dielectric properties and oxidation resistance, with a temperature range of -40 to + 400 F.
- PACK OF 50. TDS and MSDS readily available.
862 Silicone Compound is a specially formulated grease-like product containing selected silicone oils and inert silica thickeners. It meets NSF-61 standards for potable water contact under both hot and cold water conditions. This stiff, tacky compound has excellent water repellency, dielectric properties and oxidation resistance. It is essentially non-toxic, non-melting and retains its pliability even after extended service use. 862 has a broad temperature range of -40 to 400F (-40 to 240C), which allows for use in even the harshest environments. CHEMPLEX 862 is extremely water-resistant and withstands water washout and spray off. Can be used in extreme applications as a lubricant and a release agent or applications where resistance to moisture, thermal degradation or electrical insulation are needed. Field of application O rings, rubber and plastic gaskets used in water faucets, valves and filters or applications where sticking or exposure to the elements occurs. Not recommended for use with highly oxidative chemicals such as chlorine, peroxides or liquid oxygen. Method of application 862 can be applied by various methods, including automated pumping systems, by hand, by brushing or by wiping. It can be applied by spraying or dipping by lowering the consistency of the product by diluting the compound with solvents such as mineral spirits, xylene, methyl ethyl ketone, or toluene. 862 has a shelf life of four years from date of shipment when stored in a sealed container at a temperature of 74F. Extended shelf life is possible, but material should be checked for consistency before use any any excess oil should be removed.